Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics
Website North Greenville University
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at North Greenville University is receiving applications for an assistant/associate Professor of Mathematics position beginning August 2023. Candidates applying for this position must hold a Ph.D. in mathematics and be willing to teach both general education and upper-level mathematics courses as the department’s needs evolve. Preference will be given to those with a specialization in Applied Mathematics or Statistics and experience teaching in the classroom at the undergraduate level. We particularly invite candidates who will enhance the racial, ethnic, gender, or cultural diversity of our university. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
North Greenville University is a teaching university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Members of the NGU faculty are orthodox Christians who have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ, are role models in their piety and ethics, maintain active membership in an evangelical congregation, and mentor students academically and spiritually. They are Christian scholars who reflect upon their discipline from the perspective of a biblical worldview and are expected to teach in accordance with, and not contrary to the university’s Statement on Human Flourishing. All employees of NGU are required to abstain from illegal drugs and beverage alcohol.
- Teach developmental, general education, and upper-level classes as assigned.
- Hold weekly office hours to support students academically and spiritually.
- Serve as an academic advisor to assigned students.
- Participate in departmental-, college-, and university-level meetings.
- Participate in departmental-level course, curriculum, and program development.
- Ensure the security of assessment tools and confidential documentation.
- Effectively utilize and monitor the learning management systems.
- Appropriately maintain student records, grades, and attendance to ensure accuracy.
- Meet all university deadlines for syllabi and grade submission.
- Serve on academic committees as assigned.
- PhD in Mathematics, or equivalent terminal degree, from an accredited institution; preference will be given to those with a specialization in Applied or Computational Mathematics.
- Verifiable prior teaching experience preferred.
- A record of scholarly research and publications preferred.
- Understand and comply with FERPA regulations.
- Must support NGU’s mission statement and core values, commitment to a Christian lifestyle, and character in keeping with a biblical model.
- Mobility: Able to move between buildings and attend classes, meetings, and functions across campus.
- Speaking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, professionally, and with a contextually appropriate tone and volume.
- Cognitive/Emotional: Ability to critically think and express emotions and thoughts in an honest, collegial, constructive, and prudent manner
All faculty are expected to be able to travel to campus for all class sessions and occasional departmental and faculty meetings.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS and SCHEDULE
This position is subject to the university’s background check policy. This is a full time, nine-month teaching contract. Math faculty report to the Chair of Mathematics Department, the Associate Dean of the School of Science and Math, the Dean of the School of Humanities and Sciences, and the Provost.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. S/he will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by his or her supervisor.
As part of the application, candidates must submit a cover letter, CV, and transcripts, and the contact information for two professional references, and one reference from a leader in your church. Review of candidates will continue until positions are filled.
Please address any inquiries to Kerry Ravan, chair, at Kerry.email@example.com.
Please submit the North Greenville University application below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org