Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting
Website Oklahoma Baptist University
OBU Mission Statement
OBU transforms lives by equipping students to pursue academic excellence, integrate faith with all areas of knowledge, engage a diverse world, and live worthy of the high calling of God in Christ.
Oklahoma Baptist University achieves its mission through a shared commitment to the following expectations. All employees are expected to embrace these expectations and to model them in their behavior.
- Commitment to the essentials of the Christian faith
- Commitment to active membership in a local evangelical church
- Commitment to the vision and mission of Oklahoma Baptist University
- People are treated with dignity and respect
- Relationships are built on honesty, integrity, and trust
- Excellence is achieved through teamwork, leadership, and a strong work ethic
- Efficiency is achieved through wise management of human and financial resources
|The Paul Dickinson School of Business of Oklahoma Baptist University invites applicants for the tenure track position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting, responsible for teaching both introductory and advanced undergraduate courses in the standard accounting curriculum as well as technology related courses, e.g. accounting information systems, data analytics, etc. The role begins in August 2022.
The Paul Dickinson School of Business seeks to prepare innovative leaders with spiritual and moral values, purpose, imagination and vision to move into the 21st century and the everchanging business world, all within the context of Oklahoma Baptist University’s liberal arts curriculum.
|· Teach accounting courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels
· Serve as academic advisor to students as assigned
· Participate in recruitment activities of the Paul Dickinson School of Business; collaborate with the Chair, Dean, and Admissions in recruitment and retention activities
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required|
|· Possess and demonstrate strong pedagogy in accounting courses
· Able to communicate clearly and effectively
· Possess and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
· Able to assess student ability and adjust teaching as appropriate
· Able and willing to advise and mentor students
· Able to relate to colleagues in the OBU community and serve as a representative to the professional community beyond OBU
· Possess commitment to pursue scholarly activity
· Able and willing to teach some online courses
· Proficient with personal computing software and hardware
· Proficient with classroom audio/visual equipment
· Able to travel locally, regionally, and nationally
· Possess the mobility and stamina required to walk about campus to visit various offices
· Able to transport moderately heavy items to offices and classrooms
|· Preferred: Ph.D.
· Required: Master’s degree
|· Preferred: Successful teaching experience at the university level and industry experience|
|· Active member in a local evangelical church|