Assistant/Associate Professor – Occupational Therapy Program
Website University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
The University of Mary Hardin Baylor seeks qualified faculty for its Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy program, to begin January 4, 2024. This is a year-round (12-month) tenure track position with initial appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with experience. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
This faculty member will be responsible for advising and teaching graduate students throughout the curriculum, to include mentorship of Integrative Projects and student teaching in the Cru Community Clinic. This faculty member will also work with the Program Director and Doctoral Capstone Coordinator to develop the entry-level doctorate track as requested.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 25,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Activities required of all graduate faculty include exemplary teaching, curriculum development and student advising; professional attainment; and service to department, college, university, and the community.
This position includes teaching graduate courses in occupational therapy; ongoing curricular and course revision and development; advising, mentoring, and recruiting occupational therapy students; and participating in departmental and university committees.
o Occupational therapist with an entry-level practice degree and initial certification is required.
o A doctoral degree from a regionally-accredited institution in OT or related field is required.
2. Licensure: A current and unencumbered Texas OT license is required. Current OT licensure in another state with eligibility to achieve Texas OT licensure within one (1) year of hire may be substituted.
3. Professional Experience: Minimum of three (3) years clinical employment experience required, five (5) years of practice which includes musculoskeletal rehabilitation experience is preferred.
4. Teaching Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of teaching experience or two years experience as a fieldwork educator is required.
5. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
6. Must be an active and committed Christian.
Salaries & Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Click the button below for more details and to apply. Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description ofyour own Christian beliefs and commitments.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.umhb.edu.