Assistant/Associate Professor Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
Website University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
The University of Mary Hardin Baylor’s Mayborn College of Health Sciences seeks qualified faculty for its Doctor of Physical Therapy Program beginning June 2022, with initial appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with experience. The program is seeking applicants with expertise in orthopedic/musculoskeletal rehab; individuals with expertise in other areas of physical therapy are welcome to apply. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 22,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all faculty include exemplary teaching, curriculum development, student advising; professional attainment; and service to department, college, university, and the community.
Specific Responsibilities: Teach doctoral-level physical therapy courses in areas related to clinical expertise and experience. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to direct student research projects and conduct research through the UMHB Human Performance and Motion Analysis Labs, as well as provide patient care and supervise students in the pro bono Cru Community Clinic.
- Terminal academic doctorate (e.g. PhD, EdD, DSc) is required.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment and professional organization engagement, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Previous teaching experience in a physical therapist education program and board certification in a related specialty area (OCS, SCS) are desirable.
- Must be an active, and committed Christian.
- Professional Experience: Minimum of three (3) years full or part-time clinical employment experience in a physical therapy environment is required.
- Licensure: Must possess a current and valid Texas physical therapist license in good standing or be eligible to obtain Texas licensure within 90 days
Salaries & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
TO APPLY: Visit www.umhb.edu/careers for more details and to apply. Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.umhb.edu.