Assistant/Associate Professor College of Education
Website University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
The University of Mary Hardin Baylor’s College of Education seeks qualified faculty beginning Fall 2021, with initial appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with experience. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
The College of Education offers an undergraduate program for teacher certification as well as several graduate degree programs which include the following focus areas: • Master’s in Education in Educational Administration
- Master’s in Education in Curriculum & Instruction
- Doctorate in Education with Concentration in P-12 Public Education
- Doctorate in Education with Concentration in Higher Education
- Doctorate in Education with Concentration in Nursing Education
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 20,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all faculty include exemplary teaching, curriculum development, student advising, professional attainment, and service to the department, college, university, and community.
Specific Responsibilities: Teach learner-centered courses at the undergraduate, master’s and/or doctorate levels. The teaching load is typically 12 hours. Additional duties may include:
- Provide leadership in working with state and local education entities.
- Collaborate with other faculty members in monitoring and implementing various aspects of the graduate and undergraduate programs, including field experiences. 3. Serve on dissertation committees.
- Doctorate from an accredited institution with an area of emphasis in public education, teaching and learning, or educational administration is required. ABD will be considered (tenure-track requires terminal degree in hand).
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement.
- Must be an active and committed Christian.
Preference will be given for any of the following:
- A minimum of three (3) years’ successful teaching experience in the K-12 environment. 2. A valid Texas teaching certification.
- Experience as a campus principal with a Texas principal’s certification. 4. Experience in Higher Education.
- Background in research and statistics.
Salaries & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
TO APPLY: Visit www.hr.umhb.edu/careers for more details and to apply. Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.umhb.edu.