Assistant/Associate or Full Professor of Exercise Physiology – Health Science
Website University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
The University of Mary Hardin Baylor’s Mayborn College of Health Sciences seeks qualified faculty for its School of Exercise & Sport Science beginning in July of 2023. Faculty rank at time of initial appointment (Assistant, Associate or Full Professor) will be offered commensurate with experience. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
The School of Exercise & Sport Science offers three undergraduate degree programs with five major options. Specifically, the undergraduate degrees offered include the Bachelor of Sport Management (B.S.M.), the Bachelor of Science in Public Health (B.S.P.H.), and the Bachelor of
Science in Health Sciences (B.S.H.S.), which includes three options: the B.S.H.S. in EC-12 Physical Education, the B.S.H.S. in Exercise Physiology, and the B.S.H.S. in Health Science. Additionally, the School offers three graduate degrees that include the Master of Science in Exercise Physiology, the Master of Science in Sport Administration, and the Master of Public Health. Our goal is to engage students in a Christ-centered learning environment where they will develop the knowledge, skills, and interprofessional competencies to become leaders in the complex and dynamic environment of health sciences.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 22,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all faculty include exemplary teaching, curriculum development, student recruitment and advising; professional attainment; and service to department, college, university, and the community.
Specific Responsibilities: Teach both undergraduate and graduate level courses in the Exercise Physiology and Health Science Degree Programs. Such courses may include Exercise Physiology, Exercise Prescription, Clinical Exercise Physiology, Anatomical Kinesiology, Strength and Conditioning, and/or other courses in the related field. The teaching load is typically 12 hours per semester. Other responsibilities may include graduate student mentorship, and clinical supervision of students and/or internship sites.
- Doctorate in Exercise Physiology, Health Science or related discipline from an accredited institution is required.
- Candidates with evidence of teaching repertoire in more than one exercise physiology related area (exercise physiology, exercise prescription, biomechanics, strength and conditioning, nutrition, etc.) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- For appointment at Associate Professor rank, a minimum of six (6) years full-time teaching in a related discipline in an institution of higher education at the rank of assistant professor is required.
- For appointment at full Professor rank, a minimum of four (4) years full-time teaching in a related discipline in an institution of higher education at the rank of associate professor is required
- Must be an active, and committed Christian.
Salaries & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
TO APPLY: Visit www.umhb.edu/careers for more details and to apply. Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.umhb.edu.