Website Shorter University
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Admissions, the Admissions Counselor is responsible for managing recruitment efforts in an assigned geographic territory. He or she will represent the university at recruitment events on and off campus throughout the year. He or she will develop and maintain relationships with high school guidance counselors, churches, prospective students and families, and anyone involved in the college admissions process. Overnight travel along with frequent evening and weekend work during the academic year will be required. In addition, the Admissions Counselor will be responsible for staying in contact with prospective students throughout the admissions process, manage social media sites, and minimal office data entry. The Admissions Counselor will be responsible for keeping track of all time from date of hire, in order to comply with current flex time policy for hours throughout the week.
- Effectively manage the recruitment efforts in an assigned territory.
- Attend college fairs, high schools, churches, and receptions off campus to recruit prospective students.
- Assist and represent the university at all Admissions recruiting events on campus.
- Establish and maintain relationships with high school counselors, prospective students, and their families.
- Manage and execute follow-up processes including phone calls, emails, and notes.
- Evaluate and review applicant admission files; calculate grade point averages and determine scholarship eligibility.
- Conduct campus tours, information sessions, and individual meetings.
- Assist other offices as it relates to the matriculation of prospective students, including but not limited to student affairs, financial aid, business office, and athletics.
- Effectively manage various social media platforms for the Office of Admissions for recruitment purposes.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Admissions, Director of Admissions, or the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Valid driver’s license and an ability to frequently travel overnight in or out of state.
Must agree to and abide by the Lifestyle Agreement as outlined by Shorter University.
A commitment to serve Christ, current and prospective students and families, and the university.
Professional or student work experience in a higher education setting; prefer admissions or student affairs.
Basic familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet and database software tools.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Comfortable speaking in public to small and large groups of people including presentations and discussions.
The ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of recruitment material on daily basis.
The ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
Demonstrated organizational, presentational, and interpersonal skills.
Apply for Admissions Counselor using the link below:
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives through Christ
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com