Accounting Professor (tenure-track)
Website Union University
The McAfee School of Business at Union University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Accounting for immediate placement in 2023/2024. Rank assignment commensurate with education/experience. This position includes competitive salary and benefits package.
The McAfee School of Business (MSB) is an AACSB accredited school with undergraduate, MBA, Master of Accountancy, and Graduate Certificate offerings. Evangelical faith is central to our mission of developing leaders to fulfill their purpose in Christ and society. The MSB supports a strong commitment to teaching, research, and community and generates high quality programs with innovative offerings through an excellent team of coworkers. The MSB is breaking ground for a new innovative building that will house business, computer science, and engineering in 2025.
Essential Job Duties:
· Teach a full-time course load with both undergraduate and graduate classes using in person and online course delivery methods.
· Maintain appropriate scholarship level and produce published research in peer-reviewed publications for scholarly academic status.
· Guide the progress of students toward achievement of course and program outcomes. Plan clear course outcomes. Assess records related to evaluation of student outcomes and course grades. Advise students in their career and academic paths.
· Participate on university committees as assigned. Participate in program planning and serve on MSB standing and ad hoc committees.
· Apply Christian standards and attitudes in relationships with faculty colleagues, staff, and students.
· Department policies and procedures, general office and phone etiquette, and developing/maintaining office filing systems.
· The operation of Microsoft Office (primarily Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Microsoft Outlook; ability to use or quickly adapt in use of the central student database system (Colleague), and TargetX Sales Force software; solving practical problems; office organization and providing excellent customer service.
· Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Ph.D. in accounting, or related field, with preference for an AACSB-accredited institution. ABD candidates and/or those with a related master’s degree and relevant industry experience may be considered.
· Demonstrate evidence of quality teaching.
· Evidence of ability to produce high-quality scholarship, primarily in terms of quality peer-reviewed journal articles and a robust research agenda or significant professional engagement activities.
· Successful candidates must be professing Christians who are active members of a local church, support Union University’s Identity, Mission, and Core Values, and demonstrate a Christian worldview in their work and life.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uu.edu.