Academic Secretary – College of Education
Website North Greenville University
The hire will provide administrative and secretarial support to the Dean, Associate Dean, and faculty of the College of Education. This position is multi-faceted and requires administrative support which includes special
projects, office workflow, academic support, appointments, correspondence, proposals, budgets, data compilation, and record keeping/control. The position requires a self-starter who can independently work on projects assigned while carrying out many daily functions of the college. This individual may perform duties of a sensitive and confidential nature and will ordinarily interact with students, department heads, and the public (community, parents, visitors, etc.).
- Provide administrative/secretarial support to the Dean and Associate Dean
- Assist faculty and students as needed
- Begin and maintain records on all students who have declared education as their major
- Update and maintain the student records for admittance into the Teacher Education Program (TEP) in the Google master spreadsheet
- Notify students and advisors of admittance/non-admittance to the TEP
- Maintain office records and reports
- Process departmental budget requisitions, purchases, and compensation forms
- Interview and supervise work-study students
- Collect all syllabi each semester for all courses taught and submit to “S” drive and to the Provost’s office
- Attend all COE faculty meetings, Teacher Education Committee (TEC) meetings, and Teacher Advisory Committee (TAC) meetings and act as recording secretary for each.
- Maintain office supply inventory and place orders upon approval
- Maintain equipment inventory
- Assign students to an education advisor
- Receive visitors and assist as necessary
- Be a productive and supportive member of the COE by managing time well, engaging in the continuous improvement cycle, and being caring and a lifelong learner.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. S/he will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by his or her supervisor.
- High school diploma required minimally
- Bachelor’ degree preferred or two years’ experience in an office environment
- Computer literacy to include Microsoft Office 365, Google Suite, and programs such as Jenzabar
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to capitalize on time and have forethought regarding tasks
- Willingness to learn new systems as needed
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations, and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling, Write, type, and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Move between departments in the COE and attend meetings across both campuses.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly. Appropriate use of the English language.
- Cognitive/Emotional: Ability to critically think, synthesize and organize information, and communicate effectively.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position on the North Greenville University Tigerville campus located in Tigerville, SC. The Academic Secretary to the College of Education is supervised by the Dean of the college and reports to the Administrative Assistant to the Provost.
The office is open Monday through Thursday 8:30AM – 5:00PM and Fridays 8:30AM – 12:00PM. Summer hours may vary. Office hours are subject to change as deemed necessary.
There are no outside travel responsibilities with this position.