Website Yellowstone Christian College
Summary: The Office of Academic Dean is the Chief Academic Officer of the College. This position reports directly to the President. The Academic Dean is a strategic partner in long-range college planning, responsible for leading discussions of relevant, viable, and high-quality programs ensuring quality teaching, classroom environment, and faculty development. The Academic Dean ensures the vision, mission, and the college strategic plan in all areas of the academic life at Yellowstone Christian College. This position also ensures that every academic program meet quality standards set by our accreditation bodies. The Academic Dean oversees the academic integrity of the college. The Academic Dean partners with other deans to promote student success, alumni relations and fundraising, and effective relationships between academic programs, students, and external stakeholders. The Academic Dean oversees and performs several managerial and operational functions concerning the Registrar’s Office,
budgets with the realm of the academic life of the college, course scheduling and calendaring, determining faculty workload, the annual catalogue.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee the academic program’s including general supervision of program development and the assurance that course syllabi and lessons are prepared.
- Coordinate instructional activities of the faculty, including convening Faculty meetings and preparing the agenda for said meetings.
- Give oversight to all phases of the academic programs, including class scheduling, teaching assignments, faculty teaching loads, and academic student advising.
- Oversee the annual faculty evaluations, and supervise faculty policies and procedures, as well as yearly evaluations of others within his or her realm of direct supervision as shown on the latest organizational chart.
- Oversee all assessment outcomes, and effective studies and work closely with the President in the strategic planning process.
- Supervise course modifications, substitutions, and the fulfillment of degree requirements.
- Supervise the development and preparation of the academic calendar, and the regular revision and publication of the YCC’s Catalogue.
- Oversee the work of the Librarian, exercise wide-ranging supervision of the library, and provide general leadership in library acquisitions (both text and digital) for implementation of the academic program and its accessibility to both students and faculty.
- Make recommendations regarding the academic portion of the fiscal budget.
- Supervise the Registrar and faculty, and recommend initial appointment and reappointment of the same, or if necessary, the termination of the same in consultation and with approval of the President.
- Create and convene the Academic Council which is composed of all Faculty Divisions/Department Chairs.
- Communicate with all regulatory and accreditation agencies, and assist in related institutional assessment, planning, and advancement.
- Assure that the college remains in compliance with all institutional accreditation agencies and oversee all self-studies for accreditation and
reaffirmation of accreditation with all board approved agencies.
- Create a Quality Enhancement Program (QEP) for experiential learning that includes internships that facilitate classroom learning.
- Help create a culture in which Academic Affairs employees work toward the university’s goals, but feel satisfied, and are developing their competencies, and have positive supervisor and peer relationships.
- Stay informed of Federal, State, and local regulation changes and work with the President to evaluate how regulation and accreditation changes may affect the institutions viability.
- Supervise the planning and executing of the annual Graduation Ceremonies including location, program, rental and distribution of regalia, ordering diplomas, and the verification that students meet all criterial required of their degree program before graduation.
- Supervise the planning and executing of the Annual Awards Banquet including location, program, ordering of awards, and verification that the students meet the criterial for rewards.
- Present reports to the Board of Directors at their scheduled meetings to give an overview of the academic progress of YCC.
- Ensure the professional development of all faculty.
- Work with Campus Life Director to promote success for our students concerning campus activities.
- Participate in decision-making, sometimes possibly questioning and disagreeing, but afterwards sharing in collective responsibility for decision,
defending those decisions to others (basically being a Team player).
- Perform such other duties as are assigned by the President in order to carry out Board directives.
- Serves on the President’s Cabinet/President’s Leadership Team.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a demonstrated commitment to the doctrinal position of YCC and a continuous exhibition of a desire to minister and serve others in varied capacities.
- Must have Ph.D. or minimum of a master’s degree in related field. The degree must be from an accredited institute of higher education, be strong in assessment, curriculum and degree development, and exemplify an impartial administrator who commands respect of colleagues, benefactors, and students.
- The Dean of Academics must have three years’ experience in mid to upper management in an academic institution.
- Service oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Exercise confidentiality, good judgment and discernment.
- Ability to promote the spiritual and academic development of college students from a biblical worldview (Mentorship & Discipleship).
- Ability to counsel with biblical insight.
- Exemplary Christian lifestyle and leadership in accordance with our biblical doctrine.
- Strong conflict resolution and team management skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and public
- Possesses excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and relate to college students and their families.
- Ability to understand and comply with federal and state regulations regarding the oversight of the students’ health and safety.
- Ability to administrate policy and leadership in various capacities.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Yellowstone Christian College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, marital status, veteran status or prior military service, medical condition, or any physical or mental disability. We are committed to practicing principles of equal employment opportunity and diversity based upon sovereign Biblical principles.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org