Academic Administrative Assistant – Ledbetter College of Business
Website Shorter University
Position: Academic Administrative Assistant – Ledbetter College of Business
Shorter University, Rome, Georgia
Department: Ledbetter College of Business
Reports to: Dean, Ledbetter College of Business
Type of Position: Full Time – Staff
About Shorter University:
Shorter University’s mission is to advance God’s Kingdom through a commitment to academic excellence, spiritual growth, Christian leadership, and global service within the context of a biblical worldview. Our motto, “Transforming Lives through Christ”, guides Shorter’s exceptional academic programs, vibrant campus atmosphere, and Christ-centered community.
The Ledbetter College of Business offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree in the following concentrations: Computer Information Systems, General Business, Accounting, Management, Marketing, and Sport Management. Graduate degrees include an MBA, MBA with concentrations in Healthcare Management as well as Sport Management along with a Master of Accountancy, Master of Management, and a Master of Management with a concentration in Non-Profit Human Services. The Business Administration department also offers a minor for Shorter students seeking a major in another academic area, which includes Economics, Accounting, General Business, Management, Marketing, Business Law, and Sport Management. The College of Business is the largest academic college at Shorter University and is heavily involved in the Rome-Floyd Communities as well as the Northwest region of the state. The Sport Management (SPM) program at Shorter University has been widely recognized 12 times since 2017 for its excellence in traditional, online, and graduate Sport Management Program ranking across the country. The SPM Units (UG: Traditional and Online as well as the MBA Sport Management) received full accreditation in October 2020 per Commission of Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) which serves as the accrediting body for all Sport Management Programs. The SPM major is the largest major within the College of Business in which our students are required to complete extensive 500-hour internships and have the opportunity to volunteer for Mega Sporting events such as the Super Bowl and Final Four.
General Description of Position:
- The primary purpose of Academic Administrative Assistants is to provide direct support to the Dean of the particular academic area in which they serve. Furthermore, they assist Department Chairs at the request of the Dean.
- This position involves preparing educational materials, ordering supplies, filing, drafting and typing various correspondence, and supervising student work-studies when appropriate.
- Moreover, Administrative Assistants should uphold the mission of the university and the standards established by their supervisors.
- Administrative Assistants answer directly to the Dean of their academic area and fulfill expectations set forth by their Dean.
- This position will assist in the College of Business’s marketing and innovation of community initiatives, degree opportunities and be a key liaison for Community and Business partnerships/relationships.
- Academic Administrative Assistants will coordinate with the Executive Assistant of the Provost for additional instruction and information.
- Receptionist duties (serve as promotor and face of the college, school, or department in which they serve)
- Telephone (answering and returning calls)
- Faxes (sending and receiving)
- Faculty correspondence
- Scheduling meetings and maintaining calendar for Dean
- Inform/remind departmental faculty of meetings or events through e-mail
- Supervise student work-studies
- Assist faculty and students with obtaining forms for various procedures/requests
- General office management
- Monitor budget and submit purchase orders under the direction of the Dean
- Order supplies
- Archive/file departmental items
- Coordinate with Executive Assistant of the Provost regarding payroll for adjuncts or supplemental payments
- Reconcile departmental credit card statements.
- Assist professors (full-time and adjunct) with book orders for upcoming classes
- Assist professors with making copies of syllabi and send electronic copies to Executive Assistant
- Assist with special events and activities in academic area
- Assist with special events as requested by the Executive Assistant of the Provost
- Assist Dean with preparation of annual reports
- Inform students of cancelled classes when professors are unable to do so in emergency situations
- Contact and set up meetings with student interns and faculty when necessary
- Ensure that faculty in their area submit updated resumes and transcripts to the Provost’s Office
- Submit maintenance requests to Physical Plant as needed
- Attend regular departmental or committee meetings and ensure accurate minutes have been transcribed
- University related duties assigned by the Dean
- University related duties assigned by the Executive Assistant of the Provost
- Assist Dean in coordinating and communicating with various university departments (such as Business Office, Office of the Registrar, etc.)
- Assist Dean in promoting academic area in matters relating to recruitment, potential donors, denominational relations, and external activities
- Relational and exuberant personality that works well within a team setting and encouragement of others.
- Mentoring to our Shorter Students.
- Innovative mindset to develop ideas and compose tasks with external constituencies.
- Detailed oriented
- Time/Task Management
- Active listening and learning skills to accomplish new tasks
- Experience working in an assistant role or similar capacity
- Statement of Faith
- A signed commitment of the Shorter University mission and acceptance of the Personal Lifestyle Statement found on our website.
Apply today at the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=163a046e-9138-461f-9b4c-f9dbe77a4748&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=385760&lang=en_US&source=CC4
May 18th, 2021
Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Upload a PDF of the following required documents
– Statement of Faith
– Letter of interest
– Unofficial transcripts
– Professional References
Also, please send to Dr. Heath Hooper, Dean of the Ledbetter College of Business, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shorter University is a Christ-centered university affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives Through Christ
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.